Energy Portfolio Optimisation Traineeship
Within the Portfolio Management & Optimisation department, the Portfolio Optimisation team manages and optimises the activity of EDF Luminus portfolio (including Power, Gas, CO2 and Green Certificates) by developing innovative strategies to maximise the value of the assets portfolio, hedging positions on the medium-term horizon (from Day+2 to Year+3) within the risk strategy framework of the company and advising EDF Luminus industrial customers. The Portfolio Optimisation Trainee will be responsible for the trading strategies of EDF Luminus’ largest customers.
The Portfolio Optimisation Trainee takes ownership and is responsible for:
- Understanding the services EDF Luminus offers to its B2B customers and recommend appropriate tailor-made trading strategies that will be presented to their top management;
- Following up on customers’ trading strategies and informing them proactively on market opportunities;
- Following up on energy markets, understanding the impacts of market events on prices and draw scenarios;
- Presenting energy market evolution to both internal and external customers;
- Collaborating closely with B2B sales teams to understand end-customer needs and propose tailormade solutions;
- Proactively inform various teams by providing price insights, market news and trend analysis;
- Master in economy, finance or commercial engineering;
- Team player;
- Analytical mind and affinity with numbers;
- Ability to quickly grasp the relevant information;
- Proactive personnality, eager to challenge the status-quo;
- Good presentation skills, making technical concepts easy to understand;
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite;
- Fluent in English and Flemish or French.
What can you expect?
The Portfolio Optimisation Internship lasts from three to six months. As a young, motivated intern, you will acquire a valuable knowledge about the energy sector and EDF Luminus portfolio. You will progress through a challenging internship and you will experience and learn about the different aspects of our company. Our experts will share their knowledge with you so that you develop plenty of new skills and gain expertise in the following domains: Market Finance, Strategy, Trading, Energy optimisation & services and Pitch.