Intake Lead-Sprint for BI (m/f)
The Intake Lead – Sprint Lead for BI release train is combining 2 roles in a single domain release train.
- As the Intake lead he/she is managing the Demand Intake process for the BI release train. This includes facilitating the scope refinement and design based on the epic backlog priorities. It also includes the feasibility in line with the capacity of all involved sprint teams. His/her accountability is to feed the Sprint teams with sprint-able work for the next 6 months.
- As the Sprint Lead he/she is managing the Sprint (preparation and execution) of the BI release train. The Sprint Lead is accountable for the delivery of the committed sprint backlog of a release train including the related delivery in other release trains.
As an Intake Lead
- Collaborates closely with the Business Engagement Manager and the Product Owner to ensure the quality of the Demand Intake process (priority – designed scope – feasibility)
- Facilitates the delivery of an E2E Solution architecture and design during intake process resulting in the creation of User Stories and technical US (technology specific by application platform)
- Facilitates the estimation effort for the US defined
- Secures necessary intake/sprint capacity
- Facilitates the feasibility of the estimated workload within the involved sprint teams and align the overall planning with the release manager.
- Prepares, when needed and based on prioritized forecast, staffing needs with the concerned domain managers for both intake and sprint activity
- Supports epic backlog ordering
- Fosters collaboration as a change agent and acts/elaborates further the principles, policies and guidelines for his/her intake process
- Accountable for Intake documentation (at EPIC and Business and IT user story levels)
- Initiates alignment with the other release trains intake leads and/or PM concerning dependencies outside the release train (scope, timing, etc) for both incoming and outgoing demands
- Provides adequate reporting on the intake process and sprint loads
As a Sprint Lead
- Responsible for Sprint Planning
- Collaborates closely with the Operation Coordinator to
- Foresee the capacity and manage the results of AMS tasks in line with the SLA
- Drives sprint planning and execution based on confirmed sprint capacity during regular meetings with Domain Managers that will help him get the correct resource or upstaff if needed
- Accountable for the delivery of the committed US back log
- Ensure that the Detail design and Development is executed for each User Story.
- Align with other sprint leads or PM when his/her sprint teams needs to deliver towards other release trains or projects
- Takes a leading role in the daily coordination and follow-up of defects
- Responsible for E2E Testing (preparation and execution)
- Accountable for Sprint documentation (at Business and IT user story levels)
- Resolve impediments, mitigates risks, resolves bottlenecks and drives improvements to ensure velocity of teams and quality of delivery
- Close collaboration with Environment Manager and Release Manager for solid release plan
- Report KPI’s: testing progress (SAT, E2E) and defect density during sprint execution
- Defines the principles, policies and guidelines for his/her domain
- Supports the Team/Scrum Leads in their activities
- Provides expert advice within his/her domain and advises stakeholders on how to best align business processes and solutions
- Ambassador for changes
- Agile skills/experience
- Has strong listening, communication, facilitation, influencing planning and analytical skills.
- Is able to understand & discuss involved Business needs (users), facilitating pragmatic & affordable solutions
- Strong team worker
- Positive thinker
- Has a proven track record of being accountable on successful project and/or program management activities (at least 5 years) preferably in an agile environment
- Experience in Business intelligence domain is a great asset (as a project manager BI, as an architect BI, …)
- The ideal candidate holds a master degree in exact sciences (preferably in IT) or has attained comparable level through relevant experience;