Given the far-reaching transformation of energy markets in Europe, the digital & artificial intelligence revolution in full swing and the intense competition in Belgium, innovation and business development are at the core of EDF Luminus’ missions.
The Open Innovation Manager will be part of the Strategy, Innovation and Business Development Department, which has overall responsibility for:
1) The development of an innovative and future-oriented strategy for EDF Luminus;
2) The delivery in time and quality of the 4-year plan of EDF Luminus (MTP), in cooperation with Finance;
3) The management of the Transformation Plan;
4) The management of EDF Luminus’ innovation program, “Power to Innovate”, and in particular its accelerator, #NEXT. The accelerator is aimed at generating innovative ideas with internal and external stakeholders and at testing new, disruptive business models, while leveraging on the EDF Group’s ecosystem of innovation;
5) the scaling and industrialisation of new customers’ solutions for which the business model has received first customer validations;
6) The further expansion of EDF Luminus’ footprint through external growth.
To support the team in generating and developing innovative customer solutions, we are currently looking for an Open Innovation Manager, with a strong entrepreneurial profile and deep understanding of IOT and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies, who will take the responsibility to connect with stakeholders in the innovation ecosystem of Belgium and of EDF Group, actively funnel new ideas into the innovation pipe, coach the start-ups in the accelerator #NEXT, support the agile management of #NEXT, manage the innovation pipeline and animate the cultural transformation of EDF Luminus to boost entrepreneurship.
The position is exposed to the top management level and relies on close interactions with other Divisions of EDF Luminus, EDF Group and external stakeholders. Main responsibilities consist in:
1. Actively contribute to idea generation and priorization through Open Innovation and the development of a strong innovation network
- Scan, prioritize and develop a relevant network to support innovation (freelancers, entrepreneurs, companies, EDF Group entities,…). This network of stakeholders will be primarily located in Belgium and EDF Group, but also outside as relevant in order to bring “the outside in” perspective, grow the innovation pipeline and facilitate experimentation in #NEXT.
- Identify and monitor the relevant customers’ trends and technology trends, in particular IOT and AI, and provide insights into the innovation strategy of market players in order to challenge and strengthen the innovation pipeline of EDF Luminus;
- Stimulate idea generation within EDF Luminus, by organizing ideation workshops with Divisions on specific topics, as well as managing ideation challenges on the internal Power to Innovate platform.
2. Coach and challenge the start-ups in Accelerator #NEXT
- play as coach and sounding board for the teams in the accelerator
- effectively apply the Lean Start-up methodology and use these standards to guide teams working in #NEXT, with the constant objective to test fast, fail cheap and accelerate go-to-market;
- facilitate interactions between the teams in #NEXT and relevant stakeholders, internally in EDF Luminus, as well as in EDF Group and externally.
3. Support the Innovation Program Manager for the agile functioning of #NEXT and the management of the innovation pipeline
- constantly optimize #NEXT processes to stick to lean-start up methodologies, so the accelerator is run as a start-up itself;
- support the set-up of teams entering #NEXT with the right mix of internal and external talents;
- contribute to the preparation of #NEXT Boards and related events;
- contribute to the innovation pipeline, keeping track of the innovative ideas generated internally or externally and regularly updating their status.
4. Animate the cultural transformation of EDF Luminus to boost entrepreneurship
- Play as innovation ambassador, engage with and grow the innovation community within EDF Luminus;
- Bring the “outside in” perspective to EDF Luminus;
- Bridge competence gap by trainings / workshops/Lunch&learns sessions on the different sites of EDF Luminus to foster cultural transformation;
- Deliver engaging, informative and well-organized communication material;
- Support the development of an innovation culture within Luminus.
- Master’s degree or equal by experience, in Economics, Business Administration or Engineering
- Fluency in English, French and Dutch
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a track record working in start-ups, business development or venture funds
- Deep knowledge of Internet of Things technologies, trends and web technologies
- Excellent project management skills
- Expertise in the utility market and Retail business
- Experience in Agile and Lean Start-up Methodologies
- Autonomous, convincing, flexible, team-oriented, committed to results and resistant to stress
- Able to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to work in rapidly changing environment, unclear boundaries and tight deadlines